Tuesday 18 December 2007

Feeling festive

I do like Christmas. For all the sad things that always seem to happen at this time of year, it's nice to just have one day to be entirely indulgent and enjoy the nice things in life. As such, I'm very excited that it's just a week to go.

The wee guys don't quite get it all, they now recognise images of Santa, but when they met the man himself, they were entirely underwhelmed and looked at him as if to say "and YOU are??" Not aided by the fact that Oliver greeted the wind up Santa in a nearby shop with an enthusiatic "Santa! Santa!" fully within earshot of the human version. Ah well. Advent calendars are a source of chocolate, any attempt to explain the purpose of them gets rewarded with an impatient "chocolate" and frantic pointing.

Decorations are a little sparce due to little people's penchant for removing anything within reach, but this is this year's favourite:

I would love to see this scaled up, but luckily the French have more taste.

So peace to all and may you all feel the warmth of Christmas.

2 comments:

Helena said...

Way to go Oliver!

And as long as I can stop my husband from keeping the back door open and freezing us (no matter the month, he always has it open!), then I'm sure to find some Christmas warmth!!

Love to the boys.
x

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.