Monday 27 August 2007

Happy little surfer

Sometimes I like the internet.

For one, you get sites like this one:

http://www.worldrps.com


As well as providing amusement, my other half has decided that he needs to train to win at what I call paper, scissors, stone and so we have to play for virtually any task. Which does mean that I have got out of a lot of things I would normally have to do, being as I am better than he.

Then you get useful sites. The Motley Fool is great, it allows me to feel like I am in control of my finances for a good few minutes of delusion when I first check my email, everyone should sign up to their mailing list. I pulled this out of my spam filter as I realised I was actually reading it out of my spam folder. Hmm. Today's hints on living below your means (an alien concept to she-who-likes-lipsticks-and-smoked-salmon) led me to the following website:

http://www.eattheseasons.co.uk

which literally tells you what's in season foodwise. I've been looking for this for ages! You can't trust the shops, they have the same thing year round, just most of the year it tastes rank.

And I am utterly addicted to facebook. It has endless things to do to pass the time.

Happiness is a laptop called laptop.

1 comment:

Helena said...

You can't beat new season fruit and veg, and it is true that you can't trust supermarkets' produce to be top quality.

Mind you, with artichoke and sweetcorn aside, I have a garden full of the stuff so I'm lucky to just pop outside for what I want!