Tuesday 18 September 2007

Freak out

Arrrrggghhh. Today the children spent the whole afternoon flitting from one impending disaster to another. I did discover that both the dishwasher and washing machine can cope with being reprogrammed and turned off, they both valiantly continue on their intended cycles. I did however have an embarrassing phonecall from Fife Police to ask why there had been a 999 call from my house. They did figure it was children, so were very nice and just checking it out. Yikes.

So far, no job, I am an oaf. Nothing from the Council job I thought had gone well, eventually got an email to confirm that I had been unsuccessful on this occasion (a stupid trite phrase). Sky tormented me for a couple of hours before telling me I wasn't up to standard to answer their phones so feeling really shit hot now. Next week I have interview number three, again with the Council, this time as a receptionist. Hours aren't great, would need childcare for about 6 hours a fortnight, and I have no idea where I will find the energy to work after a day with the terrible twosome. And as to the Masters I am beginning any day - a ha ha ha ha ha ha. Methinks that is potentially a mistake.

I need longer days or a nanny.

2 comments:

Helena said...

I used to look upon work as a 'break' from my two when they were five and under! You tend to muster the energy from somewhere - and it gave me a better nights' sleep!

Good luck with interview number three! Seems the boys tried a bit of telephony themselves - bless them!!lol

Helena said...

I wondered where my energy would come from too, when I went back to work with two under five, but I soon saw it as a 'break' from the little tikes!

Good luck with interview number three. Looks like the boys have a flair for telephony, too! Bless them.....lol