Saturday 2 May 2009

peeved

Pet peeves of the month:

1) drama series that have the "flashback" episode. There's about ten minutes worth of back story, essentially it's a filler, a non episode, a waste of my watching time

2) smarties: what have they done? I liked the artificial colours and flavours. They taste weird. The purple ones taste purple!!! Which, as everyone knows is poisonous. Green is weird. Pink is weird. Blue is weird. Yellow is lemon, which does not go with chocolate. Orange is orange, fair enough, brown is chocolate.
Ingredients: safflower, radish (radish?????), black carrot (carrots go black when they are off. Silly people), hibiscus, red cabbage (may explain the ugh vile bleg taste of the purple) and lemon. Orange oil is listed seperately. Because it's normal and not freaky weaky.

3) drama series that copy things from classic films, badly.

4) being British. What a purple country to belong to. Climate's good and it's nice to be free and all that, but it's just rubbish. Even if I left, I still have to lug my Britishness with me.

5) having to put a stamp on preprinted envelopes to the Student Loan Company. You only write to them if either:
a) you want to borrow money from them
or
b) you want to defer payment back to them

Both situations mean you're skint. So why do you have to pay for your own stamp? Grr.

6) parenting advice. If it is wanted, it will be sought. It's rarely wanted. Social Services will pitch in if I get it too wrong, otherwise we'll just muddle on.

3 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

1) and 3) which ones are you referring to here? Films/tv that is. Or am I meant to guess? No. there's too many.
2) stop eating them. eat carrots.
4) no comment.
5) the very thought of paying back scares me
6) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._S._Neill - just let em roll in mud. although you might need to hose them down once a month. just to be on the safe side. that's my advice.

MD said...

A very tardy response:

the thought of earning the amount of money that is the threshold for paying back my student loan makes me feel quite dizzy, it's a vast amount really.

the drama series in question was Dirty Sexy Money, but it's a general moan about any that do that.

if I wanted a carrot, I wouldn't buy smarties. but i didn't buy them, they were easter surplus. Are you promoting giving small children carrots for Easter? Some uncle you are.

links: tricky.

you'll never read this. ah well. 'tis the thought that counts.

Stipey Sullivan said...

Oh ye of little faith.

And small children should be given carrots and parsnips for Easter. It would do them the world of good. Don't you remember chocolate flavour peas? Cheesy peas?

anyway, as you were.