Sunday 5 February 2012

February is here

Hmm. It seems to be the 5th of February. Oops.

Which does mean that I forgot the birthday yesterday of someone who used to be very important. Which is a bit sad. Not that it was their birthday, but that it doesn't matter that I forgot, because they couldn't care less.

I've got another to-be-forgotten birthday next week but I have more self respect than to spend another moment thinking about that one.

The date also means I haven't blogged for a while.

What have I been doing?
Playing with my 3DS mostly.

I have Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, which is a turn by turn strategy game. I like it a lot. I'm spectacularly bad at first person shooters, so lining my men up and telling them to shoot is far better. This game also shows the 3D effect off splendidly.

Mario 3D is defeating me. There is no invincibility cheat in the Special World, so the tricky levels are tricky. Although to be fair, the tricky levels normally involve Luigi falling off things rather than being stung by an enemy. I am Luigi still, who doesn't seem to have a purpose. Nobody to defeat, nobody to rescue. He is fun, especially when he wins a level and way heys in the most camp manner imaginable.

But behold the greatest game ever. Mariokart 7. Now mine.
Everything you'd expect from a Mariokart title. Except no challenges like the previous DS title had. Boo. 4 new cups and 4 retro ones. New features include customisable karts, a parachute to float down from heights, a flower item to shoot flames at opponents, all seven items as one item pick up and probably other things I have either not found yet or have forgotten.

In other news, I've been on my annual jolly to Glasgow, which was, as usual, ace and should be more often than annually.

I have had my hair cut properly short. Possibly an error, I lack the prettiness of face required to carry off the Face On Display thing.

Blogging excuse: not been very well with infected finger and a cold. Poor old me.

1 comment:

Scumbag Sam said...

Boo, I hope the cold has gone away. I really need to play my 3DS more. Not really touched it so far this year... well... I had other stuff to do. I'll play it today, I promise! hehe.

I was considering getting my hair all chopped off, but I'm scared of the consequences of not being able to tie it back... argh! Women problems! :P