Monday 10 May 2010

Confused and a bit more confused

I don't think I know anything today.

Uhhhhhhhhh.

So, I'm not entirely sure what's happening with our government. Or our potential government, as I THINK we don't have one just now.

And our PM quit, or he will soon, when he thinks he's not useful any more (I think the consensus is now tbh).

So. Lots of things I don't know. I don't think we're getting a Tory government. We may be. I'm not sure. Basically it seems to have split into two groups: Conservatives and Everyone Else. Either Everyone Else will form a NonTory coalition, or the Tories will form a minority government and get nothing through because Everyone Else will veto. So it's all good really.
I think the LibDems did actually say "nein danke" to the Conservatives, citing something along the lines of "we don't agree on anything that matters".

Which amuses me LOTS. Either way it goes now, there's more of not them than there is them. Ha. And I want to have all the LibDems' babies. Maybe just Nick Clegg's.

- as everyone keeps taking me literally, can I just add: not literally, they're just back to godlike status. -

While it may not be fair on Tory voters, that's ok. They're Tory voters.

I learned(ish) today what different types of proportional representation are. I'm not sure how they are exactly proportional, that's not how I'd do it. But at least I know what they're on about. A bit.

I read this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/opensecrets/2009/06/whats_fairest_for_a_voting_referendum.html

And no, I can't do links from here.

I think if we have Not Tory in charge, then we have one of those. According to some facebook thingy that keeps telling me to protest about it (it's ok, Nick Clegg's doing that), STV is the best. AKA getting the most seats for LibDems. But lots of people seem to (correctly) think that it's a good thing, so that suggests "lots of people" should be represented. Proportionally.

Huh? I feel stoopid.

Shhhhhh.







2 comments:

Keir Hardie said...

I like my LibDem MP and am glad it doesn't look like I'm going to have misgivings about voting for him in the future, as it looked like I might have for a while. Also glad that it looks like electoral reform looks like it's on the cards.

MD said...

I like your MP too. And it is nice that they didn't sell out in the name of power, but I don't believe they ever intended to.

Sssshhh. Don't disillusion me.