Wednesday 10 February 2010

100k

Today was a momentous day for a particular Vectra.

It got washed by hand for the first time ever. Which was remarkably easy and it turns out it doesn't have to always go to the carwash.

It achieved 100,000 miles, with an unnecessary 10.6 mile round trip to make it so.




I have a love/hate relationship
with this car. It was purchased on the rebound from the best car in the world - a Volvo V40 - and one of the main criteria for choosing it was, erm, the colour. And a fateful gravitation towards Vauxhall of course, my first car being a Corsa and ruining all decent cars for me forever. Clarkson would mock heavily, and yes, I would like his approval for entirely rubbish reasons.

Not my car, but the same:



Things I love about my car:

1) the colour
2) the bigness (except when parking)
3) how good it is to drive
4) it's fairly well specced
5) it's mine

Things I hate about my car:

1) it tried to kill me by skidding horribly - twice
2) it has rubbish seats/headrests which is why I got such bad whiplash
3) the driver's window sticks
4) it rattles rather a lot
5) the brakes never feel like they're working. I would prefer not to have to hold my breath every time I braked.

The hate should outweigh the love, the love is mostly shallow.
Except for "It's good to drive". Really, it's very, very good. Other cars just aren't a driveable. Rattle, squeak, skid, swerve... proper.

Conclusion: I need a new(er) Vauxhall. In Satin Red.

No comments: