Sunday 29 January 2012

Becoming happy

So I've missed a few days again.
It's not daily. Not any more. Most is ok.

I am reading a little ebook, of the free variety, which is 52 ways to improve your life or something similar. I have so far read 1-13 and feel the need to share in a paraphrasing sort of way.

So, suggestion number 1 is the concept of treating others as you would wish to be treated. Sadly I don't have millions of pounds to rain upon other people and that's how I'd really like to be treated. Being unfacetious, I THINK I do this. Where I know I fail, I don't expect. Ooh. Idea! Do the things that I'd like other people to do.

I think that might be what they meant.

Number 2 suggests replacing "I should" with "I choose to".
I choose to make my house tidy. I don't believe me. Failed already.

Number 3 wants me to stop interrupting and listen better. I know I need to do this. Will try harder.

Number 4 reminds me I'm supposed to be appreciating people. Telling them why I like them.
I do this. Sometimes. Not necessarily to the right people.

Number 5. Don't judge people by first impressions. I do know this from experience due to being woefully bad at reading new people.

Number 6 is all about buying classic clothes and dressing for success. Hmmm. That requires funds and a non expanding body. I shall continue with the bag lady look for now until I either fit back into the majority of my clothes or money starts falling out of the sky onto me.

7 - be positive about myself. If I was able to do this I wouldn't be reading books about how to improve my life. Annoyed now. Everything can be positive. Yada yada, the lack of money makes me more inventive. There. A positive statement. I win! Woo.

Number 8 is suggesting I need to plan what I want to happen. To visualise situations as I would like them to be.

And still nobody throws money at me. I'm visualising that really well and nothing has happened.

9 and I've to be a less dictatorial leader. I am to stop telling the children what to do? Hmm.

It's losing me now by 10, which wants me to work on teamwork. I have to treat my family as a team and value all members.

The baby seriously doesn't pull her weight, we can't be expected to be a cohesive team.

Hmmm. What can 11 do to win me back? I shouldn't work so hard.

Done! Next?

At 12 I need to consider what motivates me. Money. And kudos but mostly money.

The bots will be liking the money references. Hiya bots!

And my last one to date: number 13 is clutter busting. Yes, I agree, this will probably solve all my woes in one fell swoop of mad sorting. One day.

So far so meh.

No comments: