Saturday 21 January 2012

Blogging success and the lack thereof

Well, 21 days gone and I haven't blogged for 3 of them.
Oops.

Not giving up.
Mildly chastising self and pledging keeping going.
18/21 ain't bad. It's most days, not every day. I'm sure I clarified that. We'll get there.

"We" being me, Sam, people
In my head and a number of bots. Woooo. Apologies if you're not a bot, I'm not saying you're bot-like, just that statistically, we are pretty much all bots.

Look. I didn't actually call YOU a bot. If you're reading then you're real. Get over it.

I did for a while wonder at why I had a cult following in Russia.
I don't.

Because my blog is "low volume" I attract these bots that don't even read it, they just want me to look at their site. Which is very rude, but such is the way of the bot. They wouldn't bother if I had a lot of hits, because I wouldn't notice them. Which I suppose is rude of me in turn, so we are all to blame.

Come back real people. Please. See off the attention seeking bots that nobody reading this is like at all.

Apparently I need to do things like link back to old posts, post interesting things, frequent the net generally and pimp my blog out there.

I do none of the above. No linking posts because I have no recollection of what I wrote before, nor does my blogger app have the capability of linking.

Interesting? That belies the purpose.

Getting out there and bigging the blog requires levels of social activity that is beyond me. The sites I used to frequent and pick up readers from seem to have dwindled.

So it's back to being interesting again.

Dammit.

5 comments:

Keir Hardie said...

You're doing great. It would be an improvement if I was blogging every three months these days.

MD said...

Post more! I miss your posts, now I've remembered what blogs are x

Keir Hardie said...

Thank you! I want to, but it's easier not to, isn't it?

MD said...

It seems easier not to, then you do it and find yourself mentally writing blogs and then it's hard not to.

Fríða said...

I think I am real :) And I am here