Sunday 11 January 2009

Flappety flap

Well, I have had a quite spectacularly good day; for one I am now 34, which is probably the most excited I have been about turning any age ever (except maybe 17, either because of being desperate to learn how to drive or an inexplicable obsession about multiples of 17). Also, people are quite lovely and made a lovely effort to have lunch with me or otherwise get in touch (I do understand that it's not entirely practical to demand visits from the Cayman Islands) and I got a whole pile of thoughtful, generous and carefully chosen presents. I feel muchly spoilt in a very good way.

Charlotte Church had a baby today. On my birthday! I hope they name him Jasper.

Flappingly: I have an exam in 15 hours, and approximately one hour ago I started to panic.

The reason for this is simple:

I haven't done enough work.
Shocker.

This is a feeling most familiar to me for I have never once gone into an exam having done enough work, and I haven't failed an exam since 1995. But still.

Thought process:

I don't know anything!!!!!!!!!!!
except all the stuff you've read and understood, plus there's the maths ones that you know how to do and get the formulas for and what not
OK, I know that stuff, but what if I don't remember it, or the questions are horrible?
It's unlikely that all the questions will be un-doable
It's possible!!
Not really
Really!
It's not helping getting in a state
I'm not getting in a state on purpose!
Might I suggest you have a coffee?
Excellent plan, would you like one too?
Well, that would be somewhat inevitable
You're nice and calm, would you like to take the exam and I'll write a silly blog?
Ok then, as long as you make that coffee

Right then, onward and examward. It's ok, it's ok, it's ok. I am expected to waffle for three hours, I'm good at that.




No comments: