Friday 16 January 2009

Peter Smith

This started off as a general preamble about art what I done seen yesterday.
I'll briefly mention Jeff Rowland (I love his snowy paintings: one day I will own the Paris one) and Rob Ford, and Bob Dylan the artist, as they are well worth mentioning for painting pictures of sheer aestheticism (is that a word? I care not) and who are displayed in the art gallery in Jenners, Edinburgh. Lovely, lovely.

But. Something FAR more exciting than that.

I have this little print that I bought from a gallery a couple or more years ago. I walked past it time and time again and thought "I likes that". One day, I bought it.

It looks like this:



and is called "Tunnel of Love".

For my birthday this year, I got given a present of another print of one of these pictures, which looks like this:



and is called "Fool for your Love" which is sighably awwwwwsome.

I was not incidentally given this by my husband. He does not like, I do not care.

The little animals appear to be called Impossimals and they are cute as cute can be. I saw one of these paintings in the flesh in Jenners and was literally beside myself. They are by an artist called Peter Smith, who it turns out is marvellously splendid.

He's got a website! And a blog! And paints things like this! How great is that?

No comments: