Monday 15 December 2008

Discipline

We are having discipline issues at present. Two little guys seem to delight in seeing just how far they can push their mother before she breaks. Solution to this seems to be calmly putting their favourite things in the bin. Not actually in the bin, but they don't know that. It's working...slowly.

Imagine for a moment that this happened as adults. If, for example, I was being particularly tantrumy (a little unlikely but not impossible) and my husband said, right that's it, and (as far as I was aware) put my phone in the bin.
I would go mental. Absolutely ballistic. I would put the hoover through his windscreen. Except, I'm a bit lazy and would probably throw it from the window. And I'm not that good at aiming and it would more than likely hit a neighbour's car. Oh, excuse me, I just inadvertently dropped a hoover on your car. Yes, you did hear me correctly.

It's not a real hoover by the way. It's a dyson. I hoover with it, I don't vacuum. It is a dyson hoover. so there. it is the heaviest thing in eyeshot. why is the hoover in my bedroom? it's not that far to the cupboard it lives in. Sigh. Even when properly doing housework I still slip in some slothfulness. Oi. Where are you going with that phone?

ineedtosleepnow

No comments: