Monday 8 December 2008

When in doubt, tell the truth

Copied duly from Sam, whose pages are ever so much prettier than this.


Truths, as I think them, for the definitely generic "you"

  • That which you take for granted, you will miss most when it's gone
  • You are what you eat: I am a cauliflower
  • Anticipation is not as good as a pleasant surprise
  • Love makes you determined
  • You only have other people's word for what happens when you're not there
  • Everyone receives at least one chocolate orange every Christmas
  • Kittens are cute. Noone could hate a kitten
  • You cannot change the past, the future can be anything you want it to be
  • You're smarter than you think you are, braver than you think you are, and stronger than you think you are. You're probably not as funny as you think you are
  • If something doesn't cost you any money, it doesn't contain any calories
  • Somebody loves you more than you'll ever know
  • Something definitely lives under the bed. Don't mess with it, just in case
  • The most patriotic people don't live in their homeland
  • For each who is annoyed by small talk, there are one hundred for whom it can make their day
  • Hope may be the cruelest emotion, but if we cease to dream, we cease to live
  • Sweet potatoes make an excellent substitute for swede
  • Notice everything. Everything has something beautiful to share
  • Believe in whatever makes you happy. Don't let anyone take it away from you


And that is all I can think of for now.

3 comments:

Scumbag Sam said...

haha, I love it!!! Its brilliant! I had to laugh at the sweet potato instead of swede comment... my poor thumb!! :(

I have definately learnt something from you - don't mess with the monster under the bed! I usually taunt him by dangling my feet over the edge, but I think I will stop. I don't want to anger him! EEK!

MD said...

Oh no! You dangle your FEET? He specifically goes for feet!!! Oh, I've had to tuck my feet safely under me at the thought of that. Yikes!

I go apeshit if any part of my foot is exposed in bed, I like my feet firmly tucked in, because you Never Know. I would ideally like a duvet with a pocket to tuck it over the end of the mattress. Then my feet would be safe.

I am afraid for you with your recklessness.

Sweet potatoes are nicer'n turnip, sorry, swede, anyway.

Christian H said...

Fan: "You're smarter than you think you are, braver than you think you are, and stronger than you think you are. You're probably not as funny as you think you are."

Also fan of the monster under the bed and the small talk thing.

In case you don't know me, I followed you here from Sam's blog.