Wednesday 3 December 2008

Freaking out

Aargh! Eek! OMIGOD!
I am having a freaking out attack. Like actually having a racing heartrate and difficulty breathing.

I can't do this work! I don't understand it! I've got no time to do it!

And I've gone retarded. I just wrote an email of apology, starting with "I am really sorry" but I missed out the word "sorry" so it says "I am really".
Insert word of choice: sorry, stupid, careless, ambivalent, thirsty, looking forward to the weekend, sick... the options are literally endless.

Never mind. I said sorry again later. Or to be precise, "please accept my apologies" because it was THAT type of email. Mince for brains. Mince.

Anyway, deep breath, can concentrate. It's ok. I can do this.

I need a ruler and a pencil. This is alien. Where do I keep these things? I only normally need them for exams. Exam stuff. Umm. My phone has a ruler on it but the edges are a bit phone-y.

I am going to locate a ruler. I may be some time. Don't wait up. Unless you have a ruler?

UPDATE: no ruler was forthcoming in the drawer-where-things-like-rulers-live (although I did find a number of pens, two automatic pencils, a lipstick and my calculator as well as the stuff expected to be there) nor was one apparent in any of the stashy hideyholes, so a trip to Asda was required to purchase a ruler. I miss my desk, but I now have a ruler. Hurrah!

2 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

What did I tell you previously? Go to Woolworths in September and buy a new protractor, compass, ruler, rubber and pen.

If you had, we wouldn't be having these issues would we?

MD said...

Oh! you lie! You strongly suggested that a maths set was of no use other than as weaponry. Had you indicated any use, I may well have toddled off to woolies last week for my maths set. Huh.