Friday 12 December 2008

Opinions pls

Ok, I need advice.

I have made some presents here, and I'm not all that convinced that they're not utterly rubbish.

So. Are these acceptable presents? bearing in mind that:
a) they're bracelets with elastic. Scale not good, I reckon that needs clarified
b) each of the persons intended to receive these is getting something else too, albeit less than the expected amount of something I should probably give.

So, do I:

1) get nice boxes for these and make like they're proper presents?
2) buy something else and give these as a joke "and here's a little something I made"?

Honest please. I think they're cack but I made them and that renders me useless at judging.

Now, I know that it should be all about the thought, and it's a great idea to save money by making stuff, and that's what Christmas is all about etc etc. But that's all fantasy talking and people aren't really like that. Christmas isn't like that. I don't want to see the look in people's eyes when they open up something that isn't a "proper" present.

I'm going to buy something else anyway. I know I am. But I still would like to know if these efforts ought to go in the bin.

PS apologies for pic quality, laziness meant using da phone.

4 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

i like the middle row right one best. As a buddhist or a confusionist, I don't believe in Jesus's birthday gift giving anyway. But they're nice, so shut up.

I hope this is helpful. But suspect it isn't. I don't think you should put them in fancynancy boxes. Perhaps you could carve some boxes from passing trees, or even persuade small birds to flutter into the room and drop the wrist ornaments onto the laps of the delighted giftees. While you sing La la la la leee.

MD said...

Marvellous ideas. Where does one find a passing tree? I normally find it's me that does the passing.

I'd rather sing Waterloo Sunset anyway.

Of course you don't believe in present giving, you're a bloke. I just deleted the rest of that rant, I shall make a post of it instead.

Thank you for positive feedback.

Stipey Sullivan said...

Dear fringe & big eyes lady

I suspect that you have a sarcastic tone to your reply to my reply. I find this a teeny bit offensive. I did NOT expect *irony* when I was offering a PERFECtly good idea.

Trees do pass. Just because it *appears* that you are moving doesn't mean you are. Think about it. Hmmm.

How dare you delete a rant! Put it in a nice wooden carved box and give it as a present.

word verification today: pipping

MD said...

This sarcasm you speak of... it is something I am unaware of. I was merely asking as to the means in which you could find a passing tree. I do realise on a quantum level that it is simply that I think I am passing the tree and actually neither of us is moving at all and the tree could be moving just as much as I am. But that hurts my head.

The rant will shortly follow, although it has gone all hippy.