Thursday 11 December 2008

Put your arms around the whirled at christmas time

It's the 11th of December, the worst day of the year. Goodie. That's precisely the sort of thing I ought not to make a note of, but how could I wallow in self pity then? Indeed.
I'm not actually feeling unhappy, I'm glowing from the combination of a lovely compliment and a Giant Unmentionable Crush. Shallow be my name.

Of paramount importance: it is merely one month today that I cease to be 33. That's good. Very good. And on this day, Woolworths start their closing down sale. That's this day, not that day.

Note to self: do not go to Woolies. It won't be fun.

I just did my Christmas shopping, hence the festive clip art there on the left. Woo. I actually bought Christmas itself (Muppet Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street and Father Christmas/The Snowman) for practically nothing (£13, free delivery) from HMV, my new best friend in an online shop sort of way. It's a Wonderful Life is in storage - sob! On the present front, Crabtree and Evelyn, Amazon and Boots have done their online bit. ELC, Azdaz (that's Asda to you) and Sainsburys have done their bit as well over the last wee while, but they don't count as they weren't online or tonight or specifically for present shopping.

Except...there's still the ones I have to make, which is why I'm celebrating the small amount of money just parted with. I haven't got anyone anything much, I've got a pile of stuff that could theoretically be assembled into gifts. I should probably make them, so I can establish they're unacceptable, sob over them, and buy something else. Or, go for something totally different and give everyone a sandwich for Christmas. I would cut it into a star, it would be festive. And unique. I think I'm onto something here. The Christmas Sandwich Co, motto: there's no b in television. Keep up, keep up, it's all coming together beautifully.

I think I'm overexcited again, this is a sort of boingy blog. Gingerbread cookie anyone? Oh you're asleep. Oh. Right. It's 2am. It's 2am? Oh.

Random thought: I remembered something else I liked from TV this year.
That Pushing Daisies thing. I liked that. It was smile inducing.

3 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

Hey up

that word:

f e s t i v e

it looks like you stole it from Sam. I hope you are only borrowing them coloured letters or she'll be round n askin for em back.

she has a right temper on her, I've heard so you better watch out, innit?

MD said...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Scumbag Sam said...

RRRAAAAARRGGGHHHH <--thats me and my temper...

haha, I will let it slide - the imitation. After all, the word stolen is 'festive', which pretty much means I can get mad as it TIS THE SEASON! :P

oh no.. christmas shopping.. i knew I had forgotten something... crud!