Monday 5 April 2010

Easter

Easter. Bank holiday extraordinaire, being Friday AND Monday.

Except, sorry, did we not have 2nd January instead of Easter Monday? Having it anyway, goodo.

So. I don't really "do" Easter. Which probably makes me a hypocrit as I defend Christmas so much. But I like to argue that's about winter and family and all what not, and if you want the Jesus aspect, it's celebrating his birth. Easter is about eggs, mostly, and commemorating Jesus' betrayal and execution. Yeah. Ok. Resurrection. Uh huh. Spring, doesn't need celebrating as the whole world goes bonkers every time the sun comes out. Family. Yeah. This one does go to friends, I think.

But chocolate does taste marvellous when egg shaped, even if Easter cake is rubbish. I've never done anything for Easter, since I got too old to don a bonnet and go to church, probably never will. Massively appreciate all the eggs we get given and feel oafish for generally not reciprocating, especially when the kids get proper presents. Should I do that? Oh. I got eggs/bunnies for the kids I remembered. And mine. That's good, right?

Bah. It's all very confusing.



2 comments:

Helena said...

You can't beat hollow chocolate from the fridge - broken against a forehead of course!

MD said...

Oh no! Chocolate is best when it's ever so slightly soft.

Then again, you're maybe talking Lindt which is a whole different thing altogether. Hmm.

See, easter: chocophilia. Any other time, give me cheese.