Monday 19 April 2010

Sore throat

So, my notes put the title of "sore throat" for today.
Did I have a sore throat?
Hmm.

Ah yes. An endoscopy. For my stomach complaineth as to the amounts of painkillers applied to it, and so the gastroenterologist recommended an endoscopy. Yuk.

I didn't have a sedative because a) I'm not a fan of anaesthetics of any type, I don't like meddling with the nervous system if not required (painkillers aside) and b) they reckoned the neck thing might make me uncooperative if I wasn't all there. So, no sedation and boy, was that an unpleasant experience. Swallowing a tube you really, really want to throw up is so against every instinct, and it was horrid. But it didn't last long and I am not ulcerated, merely irritated. So all's good and fine, and I got to go home straight after due to being non-sedated.  So I'm a little bit sore and I cheated myself out of a day spent lounging around hospital. Duh.

No comments: