Sunday 14 March 2010

Mothered

Ahhhhhh. In my current chilled out state, attributed by grumpy pants to pain medication, attributed by myself to having achieved a higher level of spirituality and appreciation of life as a result of my accident (ahem), events such as Mothers' Day are smashing.

Present: a new handbag (as demanded). Presents always nice in a material world.
Company: my lovely hubby, my adorable children, my wonderful mother and my splendid almost-stepfather.

Food: not just food, this was a Marks & Spencer Mothers' Day Roast. (With roasted butternut squash and chilli soup made by me just to demonstrate I can actually cook still). Admittedly the chicken needed roasting, but I don't consider that cooking and find it slightly baffling that anyone can't roast a chicken. Bung in an onion, "baste" with strips of bacon, pop in oven at 200 for 40 min per kilo (or 20 min per lb) + 20 min. Remove. Cut. Eat. Serve with microwaved veg and roasted preprepared roast potatoes. Don't drink the wine.

I have a surplus of wine. It is tempting me greatly. MMmmmmm.

No comments: