Thursday 4 March 2010

Finding Maemo

Apple are scumbags. They really are. Suing everyone else, even though they pinched stuff from Nokia themselves. Huh. Not content with the fact that NOTHING comes in the box and no add on is compatible with two devices, they provide a mega phone with blatantly obvious features missing so they can add them to future products. Diddy camera. No MMS. Pah.

Nokia are marvellous. They made phones what they are. They don't compromise, they didn't like Android so they produced Maemo. The N900 is a beast indeed. When my contract runs out in May I should show my support for the mighty Nokia and give no more pennies to the evil Apple. Either go for the N900 or accept that I'm skint and get myself a very inexpensive and does everything I need X6.

Except...

The X6 is Symbian. Old news. And Grumpypants IS getting a free Nexus One. The N900 is the first Maemo device. Danger danger. New Nokias tend to be buggy. And there's very, very few apps. Which is the biggest selling point of the iPhone. I likes my apps. I likes my iPhone. It's lovely. It doesn't do all the things it should but it has splendid apps and I love it. It is my baby.

I know. I dithered and hmmed and ended up with an iPhone 3G. I'm going to end up with an iPhone 4. I know I am. And if I'm selling my soul and giving my money to the Evil Man, then I may as well hanker after an iMac some more.

Bad me.



No comments: