Saturday 13 March 2010

Summertime Blues

I miss winter already. I still feel sad when I look out the window each morning and see colours instead of white. The temperature is nice and the jacketary requirements are perfect, but the presence of fair weather, aside from the reappearance of INSECTS, means the joyous peacefulness of winter is gone.

It's hinting at Spring and people are going nuts.

Sun is out = must be outside.
Must garden, must build random stuff using saws/drills/hammers outside, must have children outside at all times.

It's very noisy. I don't like noisiness. I particularly don't like the noise of other children, especially during my halcyonic nursery time. There seems to be a myth that opening the back door and booting kids into the garden is an adequate childcare method, scant regard is played to whether they have anything to do whilst outside and some boredom relievers are damnably noisy.

The one horror that remains to be unleashed on my poor unsuspecting ears is the unrelenting noise pollution that is lawnmowing. James Dyson, please, a quiet lawnmower? And people, really, grass doesn't grow that fast. In fact, why not consider astroturfing your lawn? Or have a nice Zen garden with no grass.

Sorted. No more grass = no more lawnmowers. Outlaw garden lawns! Parks can have grass, I never hear their mowers. And they have proper mowers.

281 sleeps till Christmas...

No comments: