Tuesday 19 January 2010

Crazystitcher

At a civilised hour, I showered, changed into my pyjamas and got as far as standing at the end of my bed, ready to get myself one of those mythical "good night's sleep" things I've heard of.

Mania struck, however, when I considered the ridiculous elastic in said pyjamas. As pointless stitching goes, support for the bust is unnecessary in nightwear. Sexy: no. Supportive: not required. Immensely annoying when designed for a pear when one is distinctly unpearlike: yes. A downside of fitting into standard issue clothing (instead of elephantine) is that most manufacturers assume a lacking in the bust. And those that fitted into bizarre pointless elastic scaffolding wouldn't need support ever.

Very annoying. New Next pyjamas, which is why what happened next was crazy.

"I can take that elastic out!" thinks the distinctly amateur seamstress, examining the seams. Out comes the sewing kit. Unpick, unpick, unpick some more. The seam is undone, bring forth the scissors. Snip, snip, and the offending elastic is removed. Pin, match thread, reacquaint self with sewing machine, small moment of terror as it's been a while. Sew new seam. Remove pins and examine result.

It worked!! Slightly peculiar shape - why would there be a seam there? But it worked. It needs a bit of a press and will probably look like it's never been savagely resewn, but getting the iron out at midnight is actual domestic lunacy.




The lunatic seamstress now needs to look on eBay for an overlocker. And she knows what that is.

1 comment:

Helena said...

YAY! It's amazing what a little cheating pick can do!

I just let it hang all roads in bed. Support? Pah!

My general problem is that my tits are that big that through fitting them, it can often lead bagginess around the waist.