Saturday 9 January 2010

The Tears

I don't get me, or to be specific, I don't understand tears as shed by me.

There are certain things that make me cry:
1) people being nice beyond that which I deserve.
2) being very angry/frustrated
3) injustice, when served to me
and
4) schmaltzy cringeworthy sentiment.

Things that don't make me cry:
Anything that you'd expect tears at: death, funerals etc. Dry as a dry thing.

The 4th tear inducing thing perturbs me. Romcoms, Neighbours weddings, utter tripe; I sniffle away like a sniffler. I think I have cried at just about every film Cameron Diaz has been in, there's something about the way she squeaks. Every Neighbours wedding - especially Scott and Charlene *blush* - moves me to sniffs. Almost every episode of Ally McBeal and Ugly Betty has my lip a-quiver and my eyes a-water. Tonight I shed ductfuls of tears over 27 Dresses.

Perhaps subconsciously I am sobbing at the fact that I am watching these things. Perhaps. Or perhaps I'm just a sap.

No comments: