Thursday 28 August 2008

Moments of neglect












My most prized material possession is my Pure Bug DAB radio. The picture at the top is not mine, although it did used to look exactly like that.

First of all, due to the fact that my desk has been in storage for 100 years, my bedside table has become my desk. The congestion led to my bedside light melting a big dent in the outside of the fascia. This morning my son, after being repeatedly told not play with the aerial, managed to snap half the aerial off.

It looks scabby. For something that is potentially a design icon, that is designed to look as well as sound good, and something that I do actually love, this is pretty much a travesty.

I am pleased to report that it is all superficial and the functionality is unaffected, but it's youthful good looks have gone forever.

1 comment:

The Clemency File said...

I have a Philips Streamium in pieces in our assembly department at present. Oliver decided that the CD slot in the top looked like a money box coin slot and proceeded to post a number of coins through it. Unfortunately at least one coin dropped through onto the power supply and shorted across the terminals. It looks like it is indeed terminal.

I heard a comedian on the radio a few days ago talking about how he stops himself from feeling broody. Everytime he thinks it would be good to have children he sets his alarm clock to go off at night at 1 hour intervals. He then gets up, smears snot and vomit on all his clothes and then sets alight to £50 notes. Apparently after doing that for a week the urge to have children goes away.