Thursday 28 August 2008

Pleasure

There are things that just please me, because they are wonderful or soothing, or because they are useful. Some are entirely frivolous, but they all make me pleased, so on the home of complaining, they steal a place.

I love:

- the fact that the electric windows in my car have one touch up and down, and you can still put the window up/down for a few mins after the key has been removed from the ignition.

- watching my children laugh and play and love and learn

- that the hinge on my spice/sauce/stock cupboard stays up and so if I need to rearrange or peruse, I can do so easily

- laughing so my belly hurts and everything else seems funny too

- waking up at 5am, and going straight back to sleep

- hearing a song that immediately transports me to a good memory

- finding out that someone is as nice or as funny or as interesting as I thought they were

- reading a book I need to sneak time to read more of

- sharing a moment and knowing it was with the right person

- the sea, crashing or lapping or somewhere in between



No comments: