Tuesday 12 August 2008

It's that bloggery time of year

Looking back over my blogistory (that's an amalgamation of blog + history but looks a bit like bloggy-story, so I like it doubly), I seem to have an attraction to this time of year. This is based on a sample of two years so possibly isn't all that accurate, but if I remember correctly, the previous year's August saw a foray into myspace and blogging there.

Possible reasons for this:

1) Edinburgh Festival Fringe is on. Something to do, something to awaken my brain and something to talk about. And the running commentary that runs in my head for a while when I've been listening to comedians.
2) Holiday season. Getting largely ignored creates the need to talk at something.
3) It's crush time. I'm not sure why. See 1) maybe.
4) No reason. There are not always patterns to everything.

I wish I was better at blogging or indeed at ever keeping a diary. It's lovely to look back and see what I thought and the only diary I kept somewhat successfully was for 1992 when I was a Very Naughty Girl and probably don't want to recall just how sordid some of my weekends were. No, I tell a lie, I have a fascinating account of sleep/milk/nappy patterns for the first couple of months of the boys' life, which I should publish as a warning to anyone that ever thinks babies are a nice idea, except for the fact that it is singularly the most tedious thing I have ever written.

Thoughts for today: 2.5 is a very difficult age and my sweet little Robbie is being a NIGHTMARE.
CNPS: now looking for 10.

No comments: