Wednesday 13 August 2008

A natural concern

I was just reading a review of some drama thing that Neil Pearson was in and yet again I was pleased to read that he's still with us.

The reason for this?

A few years ago I saw a drama called "The Mystery of Men" which starred among others, Neil Pearson and Nick Berry. A bet was taken about which of a group of men would die first; Neil Pearson's character lost the bet, having had a heart attack in front of a combine harvester and being harvested, so to speak. This traumatised me, having a fear of being combine harvested that stems from an episode of Worzel Gummidge in which he became caught in a combine harvester while napping.

No, I don't have any rational fears. Just illogical children's story based ones. Fears are compounded by a film about unrequited love where the young boy gets chopped by his distinctly combine harvester-y machine, and a scene from Cars where Chick Hicks gets chowed by... a combine harvester. Clearly a regular occurrence, combine harvesters are clearly lethal and should be banned.

(Or people/scarecrows should take more care when in fields that are being harvested. One or the other).

Anyway, this one silly drama scene has stuck with me, confusing the blurry lines between fact and fiction. As such I breathe a sigh of relief each time I see that Neil Pearson is alive and well and hasn't succumbed to the combine harvested fate of his character. Sadly, he wasn't very good in the drama thing in question, but he is still of this mortal coil. As one of a more rational rationale would expect.

No comments: