Friday 15 August 2008

The Mighty Bill

Well, as expected, Bill Bailey was tremendous. The first half started off brilliantly, but when he went off for an interval, we were left feeling a little like he wasn't that comfortable. He bounded back on for the second half however, and he didn't disappoint in the slightest, he was funny and wacky and very very good. He performed at the end with a hindi choir that I completely failed to get the name of (£10 for a programme??? Not on your life! All hail nice comedians that give them for free in the name of charity). which was amazing, and he performed his love ballad which is still hilarious even though it was in Part Troll:

A very nice night. As has now become tradition (we've done it twice...), we stopped at L'Alba d'oro chip shop for chips on the way home. The best chip shop in the world, it has been my favourite my whole life. Like me, it was established in Edinburgh in 1975.

The bad stuff: a big venue like that makes it a bit like watching it on DVD, except less convenient. And why why why does the tallest person in the place always sit in front of me, and why does the dickhead that guffaws too loudly and claps every single solitary joke always sit right behind my ear??? I like the quiet intimate venues with the eclectic fans.

No comments: