Tuesday 26 August 2008

Shallow joy

I was just sitting here bumbling about (bit tired, children are watching Maisie) and suddenly there was a ginormous crash, exactly like someone had posted a brick through the letterbox. Except a brick wouldn't fit through the letterbox, but that is irrelevant.

Anyway... it's the new Ikea catalogue! I am very pleased by this. I will shortly get frustrated by the fact that the selection of things they pick for the catalogue never includes what I actually want, but for now there's a whole new array of things I don't need. I can now play the New Ikea Catalogue games, which include:

1) Spot the new lower prices for things I own
2) Pretend I've got such rooms as a dining room and virtually furnish them
- or the next level...
3) Find a house I'd like to buy on Rightmove and virtually furnish the whole thing
4) Select my new style of kitchen and price up the whole thing, including an island that wouldn't fit
5) Ridicule everything garish
6) Giggle over all the possibly rude names

My house is almost entirely furnished from Ikea. In fact, I think our bed and the sofa are the only pieces of furniture not from Ikea. This is not actually due to a love of Ikea, but the fact that they make the only cheap furniture that isn't actually completely rubbish. And anyone that can't make up an Ikea flatpack is thicker than a Lack shelf.

Got to go now, I've got a catalogue to pore over...

No comments: