Tuesday 26 August 2008

Hot and Not

What a woman of very dubious taste thinks is good and ungood at this moment in time:

GOOD

Swatches. I got one, and my very watch is in this week's Press as a "what's hot". So there. They seem to be trendy, I can assume I absorbed this before hankering after one.

Radio 2. I know it has its moments of immense badness and cheesy music propagation, but look at what it has:
Bob Dylan, Chris Evans, Dermot O Leary, Jeremy Vine, Jools Holland, Jonathan Ross, Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie, Richard Hammond, Russell Brand, Alexei Sayle...
And comedy. Marvellous comedy. I caught the end of the Jason Byrne show last week, excellent. And Rob Brydon was doing Ken Bruce's show today. Marvellous stuff. He played "You Win Again" by the Bee Gees, which I love. Although bizarrely so did Forth 2 (or whatever the am version is) about five minutes later when I was looking for VRN and failing. Yes, that's the other good thing about Radio 2, you get it on any radio. The other stuff I listen to at home on my Bug is all digital only. Top moment of today: Rob Brydon played Smokey Robinson and then said "oh sorry, we meant to play Amy Winehouse". Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

The Seat Ibiza Ecomotive. It's exempt from tax! Sorry, what I meant to say there was "it's better for the environment". And it doesn't go THAT slowly. It does only have 3 doors though, all is not perfect. Apparently DVLA are going to give me one which is very nice of them.

Sleep. And those who want it at the right time. 3pm-7pm is never a good time to want to sleep and nor is 8am-11am. Sad really.

Maestro. No, not the car. The programme. I am really looking forward to the next episode which I may even watch "live".


NOT GOOD

Glasvegas. They make quite nice tunes, but what's with the accents? You're not supposed to hear accents when you sing. I heard them cover "All you have to do is dream" and it was all "when ah neeeed ye, ah close ma eyees" which made me embarrassed for them. And what were they thinking when they picked the name?

Most other chart acts. What is the purpose of a Kate Nash?

Fish. I simply can't stomach it these days. Not sure why.

The housing market. And the people that caused it. C***s. I'm stuck in a flat I can't sell and rates of everything going mad because the fat cats got too greedy and now we have to bail them out? Oh, thank you Mr Brown, glad you felt you couldn't do anything to stop the situation, like 3 years ago?

Eastenders. It's always crap.

No comments: