Wednesday 17 September 2008

All fixed

Well, I had my telephone interview and I didn't succeed. I was momentarily upset, then massively relieved. Apparently in the past year I have learned to talk and am no longer monotonous and negative, I just didn't access the deepest recesses of my brain for my stock competency based interview answers. I expect this is a LOT to do with the fact that my brain was screaming "no! no! It's £12k a year pro rata for working 2 12 hour shifts each and every weekend!"

Please take on weekend staff, Waterstones, I'm ever so good with books*. I'm going to get tarted up (which these days means "look human" rather than what it used to mean) and go and see if they're advertising for Christmas staff yet. Maybe the library are just taking ages to get back about their Saturday job. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

*Good with books? Is that possible? Books tend to be pretty compliant, on account of their very book-ness.
"Please detail a time when you had to deal with a particularly difficult book."

This is very tedious and personal at the moment, it's all about me (as not quite sung by McFly). It's my blog and I'll blather on about my boring life if I want to, blather on about my boring life if I want to. You would blather on about your boring life too if it happened to you.

(I think I'm seeing why the word "cry" was used by Lesley Gore, which I REMEMBERED without Googlage, although I did Google to check. It's a bit catchier).

Not about me: Andrew Collins blogged again, he's un-upset. I'm pleased. Despite better informed opinions to the contrary, I think he deserves much un-upsetness.

4 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

As a fellow follower of Collings I feel you should give us the inside info on why the MrBeanSoundalike is feeling upset. Surely the fall of capitalism should cheer him up.

BTW - if you are good with books, could I suggest *BookKeeping* as an occupation. That has always sounded like a nice thing to do all day. I imagine it is similar to babysitting, except books don't cry.

Anonymous said...

like everyone, youre much funnier when youre irritated or depressed. as a professional comedy writer or stand-up, you cotton onto this early on - and end up subconsciously engineering one of these two to create material.

thats merely one of the reasons theyre all fucked up.Youre not missing anything.

MD said...

jkna\\aalllllllllll

MD said...

Andrew Collins has a rather splendid blog, which he updates regularly and it allows random weirdos to post to it at will. He replies to comments and joins in with some completely off topic conversations, which I think is jolly nice of him. Some people seem to think that this is a good way to poke fun at or generally have a go at anything connected to him, which isn't very nice.

He quite possibly wasn't upset, I think I may have projected my upsetness at lack of bloggage onto him, but if he had been, he had reason to be. Whatever, he is now blogging again so hopefully he doesn't hate us all.