Monday 22 September 2008

Disgruntled

Lord save me from naughty two year olds that get up at 6.30in the morning and behave very badly leaving me with tolerance for NOTHING.

Especially them. This is me ignoring a tantrum or I will kill them.

I have forgotten how to type, this will be relatively brief due to the amount of time it takes me to retype each word to get the right letters in the right order.

Anyway. These are the things that have specifically annoyed me today:

Why are lasagne dishes not lasagne shaped? Do they have to have curved edges? Could the manufacturers of lasagne dishes not think about the shape of lasagne and adapt accordingly? I make a mean lasagne and it's usefully adaptable for virtually all types of food avoiders. I have thus made many, many lasagnes in my time, and used a number of different dishes. All of which have the same fault. Why? Why am I resigned to snapping the corner off sheets of lasagne forever more, just so they can get an aesthetic slope on the dish? Admittedly it wouldn't be a problem if I made my own pasta from scratch, but I don't see that you should have to buy a pasta machine just to make a lasagne, and no, you can't get it thin enough without a machine.

If people are scared to drive, do they have to drive? If it's that bad, surely someone else could do the driving, or you could walk, or get the bus, or stay in. Instead why do they always have to drive in front of me, ten miles an hour below the limit, slamming on the brakes every time they pass a junction or a car in the opposite direction appears? Driving is not the time for "feel the fear and do it anyway", I have a bit of a zero tolerance approach and feel if you're not going to drive properly, you are a danger and shouldn't be allowed to drive. You don't normally get to do things you are spectacularly inept at.

Yesterday I bought a pair of knee high boots. In wide fit. I have no idea what possessed me not to say "no, you've bought me the fat ones, bring me the regular ones" and just meekly buy them. I tried to convince myself that they were ok, decided that no, they weren't and exchanged them today for some regular ones. They fit, and as the woman in the shop observed, were still a little on the wide side. I am a spanner.

Now we're going to the park for sanity. I've left it too late so there will be other older children there. Damn.

No comments: