Saturday 13 September 2008

Saturday night

Tonight I was obliged to watch x factor as I had my 11 year old niece in. To date, I have watched precisely one episode of this and that was last year's final. This is by design, not by accidentally missing it.

Now, I'm not remotely averse to laughing at stupid people, but doing it in their face, for tv, seems a bit mean. Do the panel have to laugh openly while people are still singing? And why is Cheryl Cole on the panel? To look plastic? I do quite like Simon Cowell's dubious wit for about ten minutes, then he gets on my nerves. And Dermot? Dermot, Dermot, Dermot, what are you doing there?

In an attempt to heal my poor eyes, I went to watch Gangs of New York as I've never seen it. Ugh. Sprout is both unattractive and not very good at all at acting (which is why I've not seen it before) and every single scene was at least three times as long as it needed to be. The rest of the cast weren't exactly inspiring either, even those that are normally good.

This was the first of our planned Saturday takeaway, film and drink night. The drink was fruit infused Strongbow, which was rank. The takeaway was good, one out of three ain't... no, that's pretty bad actually.

2 comments:

Helena said...

AdmittedIy, I do watch the X-Factor auditions for the laugh.I think it caters for the cruel streak in some of us...*ahem*.

I'm slowly following your other blog. Great stuff!

MD said...

there's cruel and there's cruel, and that's cruel.

thank you!