Wednesday 17 September 2008

Crunchy Chunks of Credit

Forgive me if I am wrong for wanting to do a little dance of joy at the news that HBOS has been badly hit by the collapse of Lehman Brothers, that their shares are at an all time low.

Good. The BoS part of them are cretinous scum. A friend for life? Yes, the sort of friend that you can't get shot of, the kind that leech onto you, belittle you and steal your partner.

I was amused by the words of a comedian recently, I think it was Ed Byrne, when he commented on the use of terminology; not using scary words like "recession", "credit crunch" sounds like a breakfast cereal. But then again, that was before Alistair Darling scared the life out of everyone by saying it was the worst it's been for 60 years.

Bush said on Monday (now known as "Black Monday" I believe, clearly we missed Fuschia Monday and Lime Friday during the "bankers lining their pockets with gold"years):

"I know Americans are concerned about the adjustments that are taking place in our financial markets," (from Reuters)

Adjustments? Excuse me?
It's a disgrace, the whole situation should have been clamped down on years ago when it got out of hand. Now it's come back to bite the greedy banks, and ineffective politicians, on their collective bottoms.

I feel another dance of joy coming on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked as a project manager for HBOS for three months and I can confirm that they are indeed a bunch of useless money-grabbing cunts. As are every other bank on the planet unfortunately.

I keep my money in a shoe-box - along with my dead mice and that clump of hair I clipped from Holly Willoughby when she was asleep.

MD said...

Remember that dead mice can go down as well as up.

Anonymous said...

I thought that was just hamsters?
ow!

MD said...

It depends what they died of. Joy at the death of HBOS perhaps, then they would certainly go up. And yes, that would hurt.