Thursday 4 September 2008

I <3 Batman

Tonight I finally got to see The Dark Knight. A few points out of the way first:
1) I can't remember very much at all about Batman Begins
2) I really really like Batman (since ever Tim Burton's Batman). He is the ultimate hero*.
3) Some of the special effects were iffy, the science with the sonar was a bit ahem, yes, whatever, the film was a lot longer than I enjoy sitting in a cinema for and the whole ship scene should have been chopped.
4) Christian Bale's voice was very very silly when he was Batman.

That aside...

I LOVED IT!!!!!!! I HAVEN'T LOVED A FILM LIKE THAT IN AGES!
I think the last film I saw at the cinema that I liked that much was 12 Monkeys.

I was prepared to dislike it due to the glowing reviews it had received, and I expected to find Heath Ledger's performance overrated, but no, I think it deserves the reviews and Heath Ledger was fantastic, one of the best performances I've seen. I am so glad I made it to the cinema for this, and hurrah to actually enjoying a film!

*why Batman is the ultimate hero:

He is just a man, he doesn't have superpowers
He has very cool cars
He has a cape - which makes him very swooshy. He swooshes up to people.
He wears all black
He is fallible and knows it, but he means well
He is extremely hard. You wouldn't mess with Batman.

And no, he is definitely not gay.

No comments: