Friday 12 September 2008

I have finally lost the last marble

Today I did two things that I think are a bit odd:

1) I reapplied for a callcentre job. It is a year almost to the day that I was told by the same people I was not to the standard required by them yet I thought I'd give it another shot, based on the fact that it's probably the easiest job to get.
There are two possible outcomes of this: they don't give me the job and I can KNOW I'm rubbish, or they give me the job and then I have to work in a callcentre.

2) I discovered that actually I do like Glasvegas, they may have an excessively Scottish accent, but they produce a sound that is both tuneful and different to all the other identikit bands around. I think Daddy's Gone is rather good and it is my song of the moment.

While not on the subject of identikit bands; I quite liked The Feeling's "Turn it Up" in its repetitive identikit way, but I heard "Join with Us" and it's EXACTLY the same, it's just different words. Bad enough Scouting for Girls constantly releasing "She's so Lovely" with different lyrics, but do all the soundalikes have to follow suit? Or am I missing something?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they all pale into bland insignificance when compared to this work of melancholy genius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ta7mkgrOU

Anonymous said...

Gah! Glasvegas - mere bastard sons of the far-better trash can sinatras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4ZMSKP6_Q

MD said...

Hmm. Never follow other links on youtube. I will never be able to look at Kermit again.