Friday 19 September 2008

Goodbye banks...

Well, my purse is a lot lighter and I am much happier.

I did learn the following amazing facts:

Virgin, aka MBNA, cannot give a settlement figure. You see, interest is calculated on a daily basis and they can't tell me what my interest would be on the day that my payment cleared, and they can't tell me when my payment would clear. I queried this point for a while, before admitting defeat and paying a little bit extra to cover the interest. Apparently I will receive a credit to my bank account when I close it. Ha ha ha. Or I will be purchasing a precise amount of petrol that day.

Virgin, aka MBNA, do not have statement dates. When I queried the fact that my statement date this month was the 17th, and next month it is to be the 20th, I asked if they just set it when they felt like it. I was told "the statement date is when it suits us best for business reasons", in other words, yes, the settlement date is whenever they feel like it.

I had to be credit searched to REDUCE my overdraft. My online banking wasn't working so sadly I had to speak to a human to do this. I said that no, I wasn't all that happy to be credit searched when I was reducing my credit, but apparently we could progress no further. So, I agreed and after waiting some time the girl came back on the phone and was pleased to tell me I had been approved. Really? You're letting me reduce what I owe you? Why, thank you.

So credit crunch, you can't bite me any more. Oh no. Neh neh neh neh neh.

No comments: