Thursday 11 September 2008

Tonight on the tellybox

Well, this evening's tv got off to a remarkable start with Scotland winning against Iceland. It's not often you can put the words "Scotland" and "winning" together, so that's marvellous. Marred somewhat by England also winning, but you can't have everything.

I then watched part II of Lost in Austen, which I liked much more than part I, but I still cannot abide the main character, I'm with Darcy on that one. Naturally I've got lost in the whole romanticism of Austen and wandered into a dream world that quite probably never actually existed, so that helps a lot. It's a bit hard to ignore all the "that's not possible" moments, although I may start to carry all manner of mod cons on my person at all times just in case I get transported into the past. I'm still undecided, I like it, but I'm not impressed by it. Alex Kingston was good this week - no annoying, which was jolly nice of her.

I did intend to then watch last night's Maestro finale, but I didn't get round to it, partly because I know the result. Grr.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I quite like this show. And I am, perhaps surprisingly, heterosexual.

not so keen on football though. so maybe not.

MD said...

I knew you were a girl.

Anonymous said...

Not being a football fan, I was banished out of kirkcaldy in the depth of night. My mother still weeps with the shame.

Still - if youre up for some lesbo action, give me a call.

Just how fat are you?

*braces self for slap*

MD said...

And as if by magic, he proves he is in fact a man.

Anonymous said...

good come back line. Thats so amusing in fact, that its hard to believe you are merely a woman.

*stuffs 'breif history of time down front of trousers*

(I knew it would come in handy for something)

MD said...

You can fit the most unread book ever in your trousers?

Impressive.