Tuesday 16 September 2008

In my head

I wish I didn't have a long track record of being so rubbish at job interviews. Tomorrow I have a telephone interview, so I've rapidly achieved maximum insecurity. Last year I sailed the telephone interview, I am really nervous for this one. Trouble is, if I do badly tomorrow I think I will just wither away in an attempt not to pollute the world with potent inadequacy, and if I do well, I will have to have a real interview, for which I will be in a state of genuine psychosis. The joy, I get another chance to be called monotonous and negative. No, I don't know why I've reapplied either. Oh yes, that would be because of a severe lack of weekend jobs, I remember now.

Aaaaaaargh.

Andrew Collins appears to have stopped blogging because he's upset. This is awful if it is the case, partly because I really enjoy his blogs, and mostly because he totally doesn't deserve to be upset. I hope he is just busy.

Aaaaaaargh.

And it seems I won't be needing a costume to scare folk this Halloween, my natural look will suffice. Hurrah.

Aaaaaaargh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Andrew Collins is a dick (by association). He used to work with Maconie, who's a plagiarist. He also used to write fake reviews cause he was too lazy to actually see the bands.

2) You're not incompetent and will be fine. You're more likely to get turned down for being overqualified than under. Aren't these the same SCOTTISH people who turned you down for sounding SCOTTISH? They're morons. Do you really want to work for/with morons?

Anonymous said...

Erm actually, delete the stuff slating your potential employers - they probably Google themselves....

MD said...

1) I think he's marvellous, which pretty much guarantees he's a dick. I have appalling taste.

2) No, they said "monotonous and boring", the Scottish connection with that must be subliminal. I don't want to work for them anyway, but needs must.

I've edited, ta, I was probably subconsciously sabotaging, but just in case... :-)