Sunday 2 November 2008

Further revelations

Revelation number one:
I'm not completely rubbish. Aside from suspicious actions by them what confuseth me, there's been a general niceage happening at me:
  • The arrival today of a bunch of virtual flowers. They virtually smell gorgeous and look virtually magnificent in the virtual conservatory.
  • Most intelligent, funny and generally intolerant person apparently desires meeting with me.
  • Hero indicated mild pleasure at existence of, and used nice words in general direction of, me.
Revelation number two:
Manchester is actually the centre of the universe and as such, everyone needs to congregate there on a pretty much permanent basis. Due to the obvious population problems caused, limitations will exist in order to restrict movement to:
a) people who were born there
and
b) people who weren't

It's a flawless plan, nothing can go wrong with it.

Revelation number three:
Wii Fit is ace, an unsurprising revelation. It is a Christmas present and was put in the loft supposedly until December, but luckily I presented a coherent argument for getting it out, mostly based on the XBox "Christmas present" that wasn't put in the loft. Running's lovely (and apparently my forte - how useful to be good at running on the spot), you pass all your other Miis in the park :-)
Just like being properly sociable, but not.

Revelation number four, which isn't really a revelation but it's my blog and I'll be entirely inaccurate if I want to:
I have this idiotic tendency to be wildly impressed by people doing what it is they do. I made an idiot of myself one time over someone rather eminent by going on and on and on about how great the talk they had given was, to discover later that they were a professional speaker. Today I was amazed by someone (I was previously unaware of the existence of) due to their ability to write beautifully, only to discover that they are an author, that's what they do.

Revelation number five:
Oh, I'm not sharing that one, I'm just going to smile a mysterious smile and disappear in a cloud of Coco.

2 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

"Manchester is actually the centre of the universe and as such, everyone needs to congregate there on a pretty much permanent basis."

It is? Hmmm. The universe is doomed and damp and occasionally quite dreary. But then, I think that may actually be factually correct. My opinion is that M/cr is the centre of the universe if you live in Bolton, or Hayfield, or Wythenshawe. If you live any further afield you tend to become mysteriously magnetised by the charms of Sheffield, Liverpool or, umm, Preston?

MD said...

Recent explorations to the end of the universe and subsequent measurements have indicated that Manchester is in fact the true centre of the universe. Old Trafford is the actual centre and as such requires demolishing in order that a space station can be placed in that site. Further studies show that people who are in Manchester at certain unpredictable times have 0.01mm more annual growth in their little toenail, which is linked to a longer life expectancy by 3 seconds.