Saturday 22 November 2008

Pix pix pix


It's too cold to do anything. A trip to the park was frosty and chilling, made worthwhile by the starvingness of the ducks, geese and seagulls we fed bread to.




But still, homeward and snuggled indoors, and a bit bored. So I got out the camera and took some pictures. Of cupboards. Well, it was sort of a meme...


The fridge:
and yes, it is the biggest fridge I could find. It's got a freezer below and back in the days when I spoke to people, I had everyone at their correct height pictured on the front.



cupboard 1: pasta and the likes, drinks, tins, misc:



Cupboard 2: spices and oils and what not:



Cupboard 3: jams and sauces and drinks and sweets:




And then we have the sum total of all the books that aren't piled up, earmarked for charity or the four large bookcases worth that are in storage (since last Jan! Sob!):



Then the bathroom...

Hypochondria cabinet:



And girlie hideaway:



And that's the lot. Everything else is in storage, apart from clothes which are a Big Problem.

I did a mood board. Well, I started. I had this great idea that I could use images on the PC instead of scissors, but I only have paint on this surrogate laptop and so everything is square. Not so perfect.

This is as far as I got before I got bored...



and there. the products of a bored mind on a cold day.

3 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

i like duck's feet.and their facial expressions, slightly annoyed. and superior.
though i believe the modern duck shuns bread (officially) as it's too carbohydratey. they're supposed to eat bacon or something. i'm not sure of the exact facts.

that is a lot of fridge food (including oat milk in case St. Andrew pops round)

gin hidden in the cupboard: mother's ruin...

btw - i hear that jason donovan book is very good. didn't it win a prize?

the medicine cupboard unfortunately doesn't seem to contain anything terribly embarrassing. i think it may have been censored. mainly a lot of tummy problems. burp.

MD said...

I like ducks, I like the geese best though. They're cool, and completely unafraid, they'll basically take food out of your hand. I can't stand little tweety birds, but big swimmy birds are ace. I like watery things, I think I'm part fish. Our ducks are clearly not as posh as English ducks, they like bread fine.

Oat milk is to do with cows and the fact that soya milk tastes of death. And handy to have in the fridge in the extremely likely event that any of AC, Mark Watson (not yet canonised) or St Marcus pop round for coffee.

The Jason Donovan book is very good actually, so good I finished it, so neh.

Nothing censored, that's how things are. So neh again.

Scumbag Sam said...

I think cubboards 3 and 4 are my favorite... hello to jams, and most importantly MARMITE!!! I have just run out of mine, so its nice to see it safely tucked away on SOMEONES shelf!
number 4 makes me happy. its what i want ALL my cubboards and shelves to look like. forget food!!!