Monday 3 November 2008

Confused

Confused part 1. The phone.

Today I met a very nice little phone going by the name of G1. It's far more aesthetic than anticipated and has the following benefits over the iPhone:
1) it's cheaper
2) it's got a qwerty keypad
3) it's got a trackball
4) it's not Apple and thus not subject to Apple blocks on software apps

but it does look like this:In the iPhone's defence, it has the following benefits:
1) it has BBC i-player
2) it has twice the battery life of the G1
3) I have never put an application on any phone. I am not a geek, I just like gadgets. It also runs google stuff anyway, you just have to install them.
4) it has a multitouch interface. This is apparently very good. The onscreen keypad is astonishing so pretty much negates the qwerty keypad thing.

it looks like this:


Right, it would seem straightforward. One of these phones makes me want to cartwheel through the fallen leaves, shouting out to the world that I love it, the other makes me want to sit quietly on the parkbench, muttering that it has a trackball. However, I have a very poor track record in making decisions and it is nearly always the wrong one. Aesthetics are not everything, nor is shininess.

I want someone to tell me the right answer before I go bonkers and bore everyone else to tears.

1 comment:

Helena said...

I don't know half of what you're talking about as my own phone doesn't even have a camera in it! I'd go for it as it shines. A bit glint and I'm sold!