Tuesday 11 November 2008

Iron Man

This evening I watched Iron Man.

I am assured that it wasn't very good, but the person saying this was upset by the similarities to Robocop.

I loved it. For mostly extremely shallow reasons (swoosh, swoosh) and the whole superhero thing, and he was pretty much Batman. Superheroes are always marvellous (excuse any unintentional pun there) but Iron Man, like Batman, is just a man. No mutations, just a clever mind and a good suit.

That's Lego Ironman, by the way. Lego rules, when other people make massive models out of it. I like it a lot less when I stand on it.

Robert Downey Jr was good as Ironman. I tend to like him in things and I'm sure it's not just because he is very aesthetic, or because he was Larry in Ally McBeal. I liked his banter with his computer and robots and he did swoosh very swooshily*.

Gwyneth wasn't great nor terrible, she is usually in girlie things that I like but have to watch on my own. I don't think I've seen a film that she's been in that I didn't really like, even though I wouldn't say she's ever astounding herself. Nicole Kidman is the opposite, I have hated every film she's been in (I nearly did die for To Die For, from sheer boredom) apart from The Others, which was good. Eyes Wide Shut. Plink plink plink plink plink plink shut up. Ugh.

(I haven't seen a lot of films, all three mentioned have done plenty I've slept through or generally missed)



*for purposes of explanation, swooshiness refers to a combination of mean moodiness, manliness and either flight, cloak wearing or general stealth. Lack of flying or cloak can be made up for by being extra mean and moody. Swooshy men are always fit.
Best examples: Batman, Darth Vader, Wolverine

Kittens, cupcakes and Grazia; I am just a girl.

1 comment:

Scumbag Sam said...

Robert D.J was SO good as Larry in Ally McBeal, but I can't bring myself to like him and I just don't know why! I havent seen Iron man yet, but I know I will like it - superhero movies = good times!

Can't wait for Wolverine to come out - lets face it, Hugh Jackman is top notch in that role.... grrrrrrrrrr.... hehe.