Sunday 9 November 2008

The Hat Thing

I like hats. For two reasons: I hate that weirdy feeling when the top of your head gets cold, which is a new thing that I've only had the last couple of years, and because even grumpypants agrees on the increased cuteness of me + hat. Except the previously much loved one that I was put off when it was pointed out to me that I looked like Slash.

Anyway, I had a most lovely hat that I got a couple of years ago and it was done, so I done buyed a new one. It looks pretty much like this:
which isn't nearly as lovely as the old one, but needs and budgets must.

So, looks fine, keeps head warm, feel relatively cute, dressed like all the folk in the shops and magazines so not particularly bag lady like, all very good... but why are people giving me funny looks? Could it be because I am the only person in the whole of Fife wearing a hat that isn't bald and in a beanie? Did the shops lie? Have they only got them in stock to laugh at stupid people? It's not exactly outlandish, you think they'd have been more constructive and duped clueless housewives into wearing cerise tartan cullottes or something.

I'm still going to wear it though.

2 comments:

Scumbag Sam said...

wear it! I don't have the guts to wear a hat. Most hats don't suit me. I have only just found that a nice beret suits me, if I leave my hair down (which I never do!)... But I am scared people will look at me and just know I aint a hat person! :(

Wear your hat, and be proud. Wear it for the people who are too scared to wear their own! hehe.

MD said...

If a beret suits you, that there would too. But you do need hair down, hat then works for hair control.

Hat revolution time.