Monday 24 November 2008

iLove

I love my phone. True love, soulmate style. Really, it has all the things I look for* in a soulmate: pedantry, good books and music, fondness of being and ability to be online at all times, shiny good looks and the ability to be in my pocket at all times. If it was a better photographer I think I'd leave my husband for it, but hey, noone's perfect.

Anyway, I'm beside myself (right there, look) with joy today because I got a software upgrade yesterday which has solved some of my (minor) gripes and made it even more wonderful. I now have a Google button on the browser and I can download podcasts direct from iTunes. Wowee. The 2Gb of 38 podcasts are downloading themselves as I type, with no need for a PC at all! Wowee!
AND my Sony Fontopia headphones have been returned to their rightful owner, me, and all sounds perfect again. No more hiss from enforced use of the lesser Creative ones. Ear buds are amazing. I have storymakers on repeat and Cars on, and I can hear Mssrs C and H.

The iPhone is the greatest thing I have ever owned. I love it more than I loved my Volvo (RIP) and I have no idea how I functioned without it. Oh, the fickleness of looking at Other Phones. This is the phone I was born to own. Oh yes.


*possibly hyperbole and indeed, a complete lie.

2 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

the phrase, "it's sad but true" could well be the ephitaph for your iphone relationship. well if things don't 'work out'.

this just seems like one of those Julia Roberts films where they're all perfectly happy and she's telling her friends how great he is: but he turns out to be a serial killer or a drunk. Or both. A drug addled cross dressing Julia beating bad man.

It could happen to you and your phone. Watch out, is all I'm saying. If you spot any signs of malfunction, any testiness, if it starts wearing a ladies' hat for instance.

are you sure you're not going into this too quickly, what if it turns on you, betrays you, turns out to not have the functions and battery power you were promised? You're giving too much of yourself to this iphone. Can you really both live happily ever after? Am I just a curmudgeon with a Nokia1988 (or summat)

MD said...

Your cynicism is touching, but I am nothing if not fickle and (don't tell the phone even though it's typing this) may find another phone in the not too distant future. Love lasts 18 months.

If the phone should meet an unfortunate end before this time it will be enshrined forever more as the true love of my life. see volvo (rip) for evidence of this.

You are curmudgeonly though.