Friday 14 November 2008

Thank you

Well, I don't really know what to say, other than to thank those of you that were kind enough to vote in the most important poll of the year (official Best of 2008(c) statistic). It looked as if a left turn was inevitable but at the last minute a dramatic swing saw the closing result being that I am in fact normal. I didn't expect this at all and as such haven't prepared fully. A tear has formed in the corner of my eye at the sheer votingness of it all.

I can't begin to thank everyone for their involvement in it all but I feel I have to extend thanks to myself for compiling the poll, to me for existing in the first place and especially to the inimitable me for having the sense to buy such a marvellous phone in the first place.

You are all cordially invited to the virtual post poll party. As a virtual party, it can be wherever you like with whoever you like, at any time you like, and you can pretty much do what you want there as long as you have a cracking good time. My own version will have a vague superhero theme so all the men have to dress as Batman and/or wear a tux; we shall drink copious amounts of appelwein and champagne, then make complete tits out of ourselves while dancing voraciously to 80s hits.

For the record: reality has a cold and has the day off.

6 comments:

Scumbag Sam said...

oooh ooh, i want to come to your party, its sounds better than mine.. well, actually, lets merge yours and mine together. Get a karaoke machine out! woo!! we can sing 80's songs ALL night too!! only the best though!

MD said...

Batman Does Not do karaoke.
No.
No.
No karaoke.
No singing.
He does dance like a tit to come on eileen though. That's ok.

MD said...

I think that last comment would benefit from the insertion of quotes.

Stipey Sullivan said...

how did your blog get fun suddenly. with parties and costumes. last time i looked it was all screaming. maybe it did some good - the screaming.

i want to party like it's 1999 if that's okay. in moscow. wearing a fur hat.

MD said...

Sam you would be very welcome, as long as you don't make me sing :-) Many apologies for rudeness earlier.

And as to Moscow, the beauty of a virtual party is that it can be whatever you want it to be.

Reality screams. Reality is off sick and pretend world is fun and partyful.

Scumbag Sam said...

lol, NO. I can never forgive you! haha. Ok, so you don't have to sing. But I might dress up like Prince and sing - and if it pleases Doughboy, I will sing 1999. I hear thats the only way to party anyway!

Ps. WHAT?! no computer? :( it finally broke on you, huh? well, I can at least say you have almost definatley been saved the utter mentality of the game! It will have only driven you mad, like me!