Sunday 26 October 2008

2,4,6,8

Ahh, the joys of driving. There's not a lot better than driving fast and listening to the sort of music noone else will let you listen to. I'm bored something silly by the CD I've got in the car, so I dug out one with driving anthems on it. Grand. Then I got in an 80s sort of mood (which is never tasteful) and stopped to change over to 80s Film Themes, which I picked up for about a quid somewhere and which has some truly terrible stuff interspersed with songs what make me smile, probably because I was too young to know better when I got to like them.

The ones that didn't get skipped and had me singing/bellowing along (and on occasion dancing as well as you can when driving a car, mostly involving head and shoulders) today were:

Bat out of Hell
Don't Stop me Now
Neverending Story
What a Feeling
O Yeah
Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now
Ghostbusters

I'm not entirely sure where this need came from, it's a little worrying. I think I got it out of my system although I forgot to change the CD over, so I'm pretty sure when my husband went out in my car just now he will have turned the engine on to get blasted by Rainbow. Ah well.

No comments: