Monday 20 October 2008

Spam spam spam spam

What promises await me in my spam folder! I mean, really, if I wanted anything really (especially if I change my mind about my sexuality), it's here.

Woo!

Astonishingly, all I have to do for any of these is click on a link. The same link. The one that is
http://stateez.com/tr.php?XXXXXX+myemailaddress

Oh wait. They're marked as spam. They're unconvincing. The address is the same. Something's not quite right here...

****

Out of curiosity, I googled "stateez" just to see what came up and found a whole pile of people saying "this is the message I received, do you think it's suspect?" Like loads of people.

Sigh.
1) If you have to ask, it's suspect.
2) people don't email you out of the blue and give you free stuff. They just don't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I published one of their many emails the other day and getting quite a few hits and comments about this kind of spam. It seems Stateez are into all sorts. one commentor has contacted stateez host and has since reported that his spam has stopped. Mine also.

Regards
Highena.com

Stipey Sullivan said...

i just googled stateez cos i didn't know what it was - and came up with this -entirely by randomness. that is scarey. you are google ranked 4 in the list.

well done, Ma'am