Thursday 16 October 2008

Madness and me me me me me me meme.

Deleted, undeleted, deleted, undeleted. I'm going mad at the moment, ok? I'm not being mad at your house so it's not all bad.

Mostly written earlier, before the delete/relete thing:

Right, memes. The internet ones. Most people think these are rubbish, I like them. I like answering quizzes (today I am apparently sexy instead of glamorous or gorgeous which makes me want to snarl a bit, I am also Tom Sawyer which is ok). I also like getting a snapshot of inside people's heads, I don't know most people whose blogs I read very well, so it's nice to know obscure stuff. Simple conversation doesn't usually involve banal facts, and I like banal facts.

I did one last week, 20 questions, which took me quite a lot of searching to find one that wasn't completely and utterly inane, "who would you most like to sit next to in maths?" and "who do you want to say something to" not being my kind of thing. I deleted it though, because I felt all silly and remembered all the scathing comments of old. And that's what I do, I regret what I say so often, it's cathartic to have a delete function.

Anyways. I'm copying this one from someone clever so it's ok.

Five Things

10 Years Ago I was:
working as a waitress in a cocktail bar... no wait, that wasn't me.
  • a new graduate
  • working in the best job I've ever had (mostly data entry, with the coolest colleagues on earth)
  • thin
  • living on my own in my mother's house
  • ambitious

Five Things On My To-Do List Today:
  • get dressed
  • eat something
  • stop blogging
  • smile
  • tidy up


Five Snacks I Enjoy:
  • kettle chips
  • chilli spiced seeds
  • toast
  • olives
  • nuts

Five Places I have Lived:
  • Edinburgh
  • Nigeria
  • Fife
  • Worcester
  • Aberdeen

Five Jobs I Have Had:
working as a wait... no, sorry, not me again
  • Ordnance Survey Map Auditor
  • Biomedical Scientist
  • Road Traffic Regulations Clerk
  • Dilettante
  • Cervical Cytologist

Five Pet Peeves:
  • Stupid people that think they know everything and tell you so often
  • Drivers that simply don't know or care about the rules of the road or how to manoeuvre a car
  • My own slothfulness
  • Job interviews.
  • People rushing, and especially rushing me, when there are no time constraints.


Five Things That Bring Me Joy:
  • My boys
  • Beautiful skies
  • Swimming in the sea
  • Easy, interesting conversation
  • Cuddles for the sake of it

2 comments:

Stipey Sullivan said...

good work on the list making. concise and certain. excellent bullet point flowers also.

and the brown background? are we happy with that now? or can we expect pink tomorrow? the brown is mature and sophisticated in an understated way. but maybe it needs to change daily. i'd like to see a disco theme.

MD said...

how do you do that?

I'm scared of you now.