Thursday 23 October 2008

No no no no

No no no no.
No. Nein. Non. Tsaa.

Here I am, happily watching Heroes and taking it all as it comes: garbage, excitement, pretty people and... what the duck is THAT??? WHAT HAVE THEY DONE???

They've geekified the villain.

And boy, did they geekify him. Lovely daddy Gabriel. What??????????? That was akin to Darth Vader taking off his mask and being Noddy Holder doing "It's Chriiiiiiiiissstmas!". Ugh. I will be traumatised by this moment for ever more, I will never again be able to properly appreciate badness in a bloke for fear of the geekifying potential of four years time.

I used to be an evil killer, but I got better. Please. Just, no. Just like sappy wet people don't become strong and vengeful after a trauma (they become sappier and wetter), evil doesn't do that. Even if it's a fake thing to garner favour, too geeky. Way too geeky*.

Ok, maybe the story was quite good tonight (ooh, Matt/Daphne/Molly/baby, aww) and I'm liking Peter's "hunger" (Prrrrrr) but I will NEVER forgive them** for the geek moment.

No, Sylar, no! Be bad more!


* in real life, which this isn't, I am irresistibly drawn to geeks. Villains must remain villainous to counterbalance this.
**them = the writers, who care deeply and passionately what I think, and who wouldn't despair at the fact that the whole heroes/villains thing is passing me by in the name of aesthetics.

No comments: